Update (April 6, 2020): As we remain closed for the foreseeable future, we are doing our best to help you all out remotely. We will also be open for curb-side pick up in the following weeks as detailed below. We will update this page as the situation evolves.
Pick up days will be Monday, Thursday and Saturday between the hours of 10:30am – 2:00pm.
Please note that all orders for curb-side pick up must be prepaid. The front door to the store will remain closed and we will not be allowing any customers in to browse the store. However, phone lines will be open on the designated pick up days from 10:00am to 2:00pm. If you are a new customer, we will require that you come into our store and provide ID for credit-card payments. Please call ahead for details on how best to arrange for a purchase or if arranging for an equipment rental!
All orders will be picked up through our shipping/receiving door with physical distancing in place for everyone’s health and safety. We ask when you come to pick up your order you please respect the staff and other customers that may also be picking up an order and keep at least 2 meters away.
We will also be shipping orders this coming week as well, so if you would rather not come to the store we are happy to send an order to you anywhere in Canada.
To inquire about an item or place an order please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call the store during those times mentioned above at 604-734-7771.
We appreciate and value all the community support we have received during this time and we look forward to seeing you all again soon!
STORE CLOSURE – Update (March 20, 2020): In order to ensure the safety of our customers and staff, today we have made the difficult decision to close our store for two weeks. Note that we will not be open tomorrow, Saturday March 21, but today (Friday the 20th) we are open until 5pm as usual. At the moment, the plan is to reopen our store on Monday, April 6th, but of course as the whole situation evolves, that date could still change. Please watch this page, or our social media, for updates on this!
While we are closed, staff will be monitoring work emails from home and replying back in as timely a manner as is possible. If you have any desperate need for equipment purchases, or for rental equipment, please don’t hesitate to email the relevant dept., since we will be able to make arrangements to help take care of any truly urgent needs by having some staff meet you at our shop. At this time, we don’t plan on being able to answer any phone calls or to pick up any voicemails to our store, so please email us instead or use social media to contact us.
Also, if you have any outstanding backorders with us, they will be handled once we reopen for business. However as mentioned, if the backorder is for an urgently needed item, please contact the relevant dept. and we may be able to make arrangements to somehow receive the item and get it to you even while we are officially closed. Please note however that we have informed our suppliers to put a hold on any backorders until such time that we reopen again. We will make an effort to ensure items that are currently in transit do make it into our store. If you are not comfortable meeting us at our store, which would be understandable, we can also arrange to ship out urgently needed items to you, although shipping days will probably be limited.
As far as items you may have dropped off with us for repair, we have informed our suppliers and repair shops to please contact us about completed repairs on a case-by-case basis, since we may be able to make arrangements to have the items dropped shipped to you directly.
We are planning on continuing to update our website, post to Facebook, Instagram and so on, even while we are closed, since we want to be able to carry on supplying you with relevant photography related news and content, as well as entertain you with photos, tips, tricks, opinions and reviews!
Most importantly we all hope that you, our customers, as well as your friends and families, all manage to stay safe and healthy! Please follow all published guidelines with respect to self-isolation and social distancing. However, presuming you are not in self-isolation, perhaps use this opportunity to get out and enjoy taking photos for yourselves again, instead of doing so just for clients! Stay away from crowds of course, but a nice springtime walk out in nature, camera gear in hand, can make for a welcome distraction from all of this insanity!
Once this is all over, we look forward to welcoming you at our store again with open arms, to help you with all of your photographic purchase and rental needs!
Best Wishes to all for a healthy future,
The Staff at Beau Photo Supplies…
Angie, Carol, Kathy, Meghan, Nicole, Hunter, Sean, Jason, Mustafa, Ken and Mike!
We would like to reassure you by stating the steps we are taking during this time of uncertainty during the current COVID-19 virus pandemic.
Until further notice, Beau Photo Supplies will remain open for business with our regular store hours implemented. We have started a cleaning and disinfecting protocol here at the store as follows…
- Rental equipment will be be wiped down with disinfectant before it is packed to go out, and after it is returned to us.
- We have hand sanitizer liquid for customer use, and ask that anyone who wants to handle any used gear or other products at our store first sanitize their hands.
- We are regularly wiping down and disinfecting surfaces and countertops that customers may come into contact with.
- Our staff are washing their hands or using hand sanitizer on a regular basis.
- The building superintendent is making a point of cleaning the bathrooms multiple times per day, disinfecting faucets, door handles and other things people may be in contact with on a regular basis.
If you, as a customer, are nervous about coming into our store, we are more than happy to discuss things on the phone or by email, and ship anything you’d like to order from us, even if you are local here in Vancouver. Our shipping dept. knows to be diligent with hand sanitizer, before packing any items to ship out. In addition, we are offering curb-side pickup of orders, if you would prefer not coming into our store. We would be happy to take payment over the phone and can invoice in advance to make your purchase as quick and efficient as possible.
At the same time, we also ask that you, as a customer, refrain from visiting our store if you have any doubts about your own health, and encourage you to follow self-isolation protocols if you have returned from a country or location with significant COVID-19 cases. Our own staff members are diligently following those protocols as well. As mentioned, we are more than happy to help you over the phone or by email, and ship you any product you need to purchase.
- UPDATE (March 19, 2020): We have decided to close our store at 5pm today, Thursday March 19th, rather than our usual 7pm. While we remain open, we will likely continue to close at 5pm on Thursdays, until things are back to normal!
- UPDATE (March 18, 2020): Until further notice, we are not accepting any digital cameras for sensor cleaning. Also, with the escalating push for social distancing, we may be forced to limit the number of customers in our store at any given time, and may even implement sales by appointment only. We are intending to remain open over the next few days at least, however depending on the how things continue to develop, we may be forced to close our store entirely for a period of time to ensure the safety of our customers and staff. However, we are working with shipping companies and rental customers in order to ensure that critical business is taken care of. If you anticipate any near future urgent purchases, this week would be the time to contact us! Even if we close our doors though, we will be available via email and social media, and may be able to schedule short specific times where there could be someone at the store to assist with your needs. There are links to Facebook, Twitter and Instagram at the very top right of every page on our site. Please do not hesitate to call, email or message us with any questions you may have!
Lastly, if you are practicing social distancing, or even self-isolation, or are finding jobs being cancelled or postponed, there are ways that you can keep yourself occupied. Don’t dwell on the negative aspects of the situation, but rather use your newfound extra time to organize or backup your photos, or get caught up on personal projects that may have been put on the back-burner. Reach out to existing clients to remind them of you and your business, or perhaps approach new potential clients to drum up some new business for when the world returns back to normal! Take the time to explore new software, new raw converters, brush up on colour-management or explore creative photographic techniques. Those are just a few ideas for things you can pursue if you are suddenly finding yourself with seemingly too much time on your hands!