Please call or email us in advance to book a time on the workstation, and if printing, to confirm we have paper in the size you want!
Notes: The printing/scanning station is not available 30mins before closing time. If you are here printing/scanning already before that time we ask that you please start to wrap up your work then. There will be no printing/scanning started beyond that time.
Canon imagePROGRAF Self Serve Printer Rates:
- PRO-1000 usage (you supply your own sheet paper): $9.44 / sq-foot
- PRO-1000 with sheet media (standard matte, gloss, or semi-gloss paper): $10.00 / sq-foot
- PRO-1000 with sheet media (premium fine art or Baryta papers): $11.94 / sq-foot
- PRO-2000 usage (you supply your own roll paper): $7.50 / sq-foot
- PRO-2000 with 24″ roll media (standard matte, gloss, or semi-gloss paper): $8.06 / sq-foot
- PRO-2000 with 24″ roll media (premium fine art or Baryta papers): $10.00 / sq-foot
Use the Print Cost Calculator below to find the approximate cost of a print.
When it comes to printing, we expect that you’ll be able to transfer images to the computer, know how to run Photoshop or Lightroom and how to effectively print from those programs, using the appropriate ICC profile and the Canon printer driver. All we do is load the desired paper into the printer for you, replace ink cartridges as needed, and provide help if there is a thorny troubleshooting issue with the computer or printer. We do not have the time to do the printing for you, or to walk your through all the steps. If you are inexperienced, we either suggest you go to a lab or service bureau and have them do the printing for you, or talk to us in advance to see if there is someone here who may have the time to go through the process in detail with you. However, you will need to make an appointment for that well in advance and not just show up, and there will be an extra charge for any such training ($80/hour) as outlined below.
- Billable in 15-minute increments.
- Bring your own hard drive (with cables) or a USB stick.
- Please do not save or leave any files on the computer – they will be deleted!
- Please download your ICC profiles or any other necessary items before you come. The computer is not meant for web browsing.
- We have an Epson V850 Pro scanner for print and large format film scanning.
- For 35mm and medium format film up to 6×12, we have a Plustek OpticFilm 120 dedicated film scanner.
ICC Profile Download Centers:
Print Cost Calculators
Fujifilm ASK-300 Dye-Sub Self Serve Printer Rates:
- Borderless Glossy 4×6 : $.37 / print
- Borderless Glossy 5×7 : $.76 / print
- Borderless Glossy 6×8 : $1.06 / print
Apple iMac for scanning, Photoshop, or Lightroom use with no printing: $30/hour
Training Session (One-on-One): $80/hour
We can provide a training session on how to load paper, properly use ICC profiles, operate the scanner software, etc. If you need significant tech support during printing, we may charge you for that, although if you just have a quick question that needs answering, or if there is a printing or scanning glitch that is not your fault, we will not charge extra in those cases.
- Ask us about student discounts!
- If you do $10 or more worth of printing per hour, there is no charge for computer usage. For less than $10 worth of printing, as long as you do some printing, the computer charge will be $10/hour, also billable in 15 minute increments. For the smaller Fujifilm printer, since it is very fast, there is no additional charge for computer time even if your total printing cost is less than $10.
- You can calculate your printing costs for the Canon printers with the following formula (length and width in inches)…
—> multiply your print’s image area length x width / 144 x cost per sq-foot = printing cost
… or simply use the Print Cost Calculator at the bottom of this page!
- Note that the charges which include paper assume that you generally use the smallest paper size that can handle the actual printed image size. For example, you would need to use 8.5×11″ paper for an 8×10 image area and not 13×19″ paper. If you wanted to make a print with a small image area on a much larger size of paper that we supply, there may be an oversize paper charge.
- Take home your large prints safely in either a 26″ long by 3″ diameter reusable thick cardboard tube with end-caps for $4.95, or smaller prints in a flat cardboard sleeve that’s 18″x24″ at $2.95. Note that these tubes and sleeves are not archival; they are only meant for transport and not long-term storage! Ask us about archival storage options. Bring them back the next time you come to print, but if you forget, at least they’re not too expensive to buy again.