Apple iMac for scanning, Photoshop, or Lightroom use with no printing: $30/hour
Please call or email us in advance to book a time on the workstation, and if printing, to confirm we have paper in the size you want!
Note: The printing/scanning station is not available 30mins before closing time. If you are here printing/scanning already before that time we ask that you please start to wrap up your work then. There will be no printing/scanning started beyond that time.
- Billable in 15-minute increments.
- Bring your own hard drive (with cables) or a USB stick.
- Please do not save or leave any files on the computer – they will be deleted!
- Please download your ICC profiles or any other necessary items before you come. The computer is not meant for web browsing.
- We have an Epson V850 Pro scanner for print and large format film scanning.
- NEW! For 35mm and medium format film up to 6×12, we now have a Plustek OpticFilm 120 dedicated film scanner.
Fujifilm ASK-300 Dye-Sub Printer Rates:
- Borderless Glossy 4×6 : $.37 / print
- Borderless Glossy 5×7 : $.76 / print
- Borderless Glossy 6×8 : $1.06 / print
Canon imagePROGRAF Printer Rates:
- PRO-1000 usage (you supply your own sheet paper): $9.44 / sq-foot
- PRO-1000 with sheet media (standard matte, gloss, or semi-gloss paper): $10.00 / sq-foot
- PRO-1000 with sheet media (premium fine art or Baryta papers): $11.94 / sq-foot
Our Canon Pro-2000 Printer is currently undergoing maintenance and is unavailable for use.
(Updated: April 19, 2021)
- PRO-2000 usage (you supply your own roll paper): $7.50 / sq-foot
- PRO-2000 with 24″ roll media (standard matte, gloss, or semi-gloss paper): $8.06 / sq-foot
- PRO-2000 with 24″ roll media (premium fine art or Baryta papers): $10.00 / sq-foot
Training Session (One-on-One): $80/hour
*** COVID-19 Update: until further notice, we are not providing any extended one-on-one training. ***
We can provide a training session on how to load paper, properly use ICC profiles, operate the scanner software, etc. If you need significant tech support during printing, we may charge you for that, although if you just have a quick question that needs answering, or if there is a printing or scanning glitch that is not your fault, we will not charge extra in those cases.
- Ask us about student discounts!
- If you do $10 or more worth of printing per hour, there is no charge for computer usage. For less than $10 worth of printing, as long as you do some printing, the computer charge will be $10/hour, also billable in 15 minute increments. For the smaller Fujifilm printer, since it is very fast, there is no additional charge for computer time even if your total printing cost is less than $10.
- You can calculate your printing costs for the Canon printers with the following formula (length and width in inches)…
—> multiply your print’s image area length x width / 144 x cost per sq-foot = printing cost
… or simply use the Print Cost Calculator at the bottom of this page!
- Note that the charges which include paper assume that you generally use the smallest paper size that can handle the actual printed image size. For example, you would need to use 8.5×11″ paper for an 8×10 image area and not 13×19″ paper. If you wanted to make a print with a small image area on a much larger size of paper that we supply, there may be an oversize paper charge.
- NEW! Take home your large prints safely in either a 26″ long by 4″ diameter reusable thick cardboard tube with end-caps for $4.95, or smaller prints in a flat cardboard sleeve that’s 18″x24″ at $2.95. Note that these tubes and sleeves are not archival; they are only meant for transport and not long-term storage! Ask us about archival storage options. Bring them back the next time you come to print, but if you forget, at least they’re not too expensive to buy again…