- The Lumisphere provides incident light readings for nearly foolproof exposure readings and enables lighting that scene before talent arrives.
- The Lens is perfect for lighting green screens, adjusting ratios and taking lux and foot-candle measurements. Reflected light readings enable measuring the brightness of subject tones, gray cards, light sources or window light.
- Lumidisc (optional) Slide the built-in lumisphere to the right and insert the lumidisc (optional) into the provided slot over the light receiver. The L-308X is now ready to measure flat subjects or lighting contrast with precision.
Now includes ISO 850 the native ISO of some of today’s most popular video cameras.
Illuminated display – Backlight LCD turns on automatically under EV5.
Calibration compensation – Adjust the L-308X to your Film or Digital camera’s exposure or matching the L-308X to other hand-held meters. (+/-1.0EV in 0.1 step)
Custom setting – Three custom settings are available to select display mode, increment of measurement and unit of illuminance (lx or fc) to fit to your camera and metering requirements.
Illuminance Measurement – Lux(lx) and foot-candle(fc) display is especially used for cinematogaraphy, theatrical and other applications that require precise control of light source brightness. Either no display, lux or foot-candle is selectable in custom setting.
For more information on the Sekonic L-308X go to: https://www.sekonic.com/canada/products/l-308x/overview.aspx
Type: Digital light meter for ambient and flash light
Light Receiving Method: Incident light and reflected light
Light receiving section: Incident light :Lumisphere, Lumidisc (optional accessory) reflected light: Lens (light receiving angle of 40°)
Light Receptor Element: Silicone photo diode
- Ambient Light – Shutter speed priority mode, Aperture priority mode, EV mode
- Flash light – Cordless flash mode, Cord flash mode
HD CINE Mode:
- Ambient light – Shutter speed priority mode, Frame rate setting mode, Simplified illuminance mode
- Ambient light – Frame rate priority mode, Shutter angle setting mode, Simplified illuminance mode
Measuring Range (ISO100)
– Incident light: EV0 to EV19.9
-Reflected light: EV0 to EV19.9
-Incident light: F No. 1.0 to F No. 90.9
-Reflected light: F No. 1.0 to F No. 90.9
-Incident light: 2.50 to 190,000lx – 0.23 to 17,000fc
Repeated Accuracy – ±0.1 EV or less
– Incident light metering: Lumisphere C=340, Lumidisc C=250
– Reflected light metering: K=12.5
– ISO Sensitivity: ISO 3 to 8,000 (in 1/3 step), ISO850
– Ambient light: 60 sec to 1/8,000 sec (in 1/ 1/2 1/3 step
– Flash light: 1 sec to 1/500 sec (in 1, 1/2, 1/3 step) plus 1/75, 1/80, 1/90, 1/100 sec
– Ambient light 1/8 sec to 1/8,000 sec (in 1, 1/2, 1/3 step) plus 1/24, 1/25, 1/30, 1/48, 1/50,
Frame rate (f/s)
8, 12, 16, 18,24, 25, 30, 32, 48, 50 60, 64, 96, 100, 120, 128 f/s
F No. 0.5 to F No. 90.9 (in 1, 1/2, 1/3 step)
45, 90, 180, 270, 360 degrees
– Incident light: EV-6.0 to EV27.3 (in 1/10 step)
– Reflected light: EV-6.0 to EV27.3 (in 1/10 step)
Out of display or measurement range: E.u (Exposure Under)or E.o (Exposure Over) indication
Battery power indicator display: 3 level status icon
Auto power off: approx. 4 min after last operation
Backlight LCD: Automatic illumination (under EV5)
Custom settings: 3 item settings
Calibration compensation: -1.0 to +1.0EV (in 1/10 step)
Battery: Type-AA 1.5-volt battery
Operating temperature range: 0℃ to +40℃
Storage temperature range: -20℃ to +60℃
Storage Dimensions: approx. 63(W) x 110(H) x 22(D) mm
Storage Weight: approx. 80g (without battery)
Storage Standard accessories: Soft case, Strap, Synchro terminal cap, Startup guide, Safety precaution