Century Stands, or simply known as “C” Stands, have been one of the most common types of grip equipment used by the filmmaking industry for decades due to their strength and flexibility. Used on its own or in combination with a grip head and grip arm, the C-stand is used for mounting lighting equipment and a whole variety of light shaping tools and accessories. All Century Stands feature a unique base specially designed with three varied leg heights. This enables the user to position, or “nest” the stand bases so that the risers are just inches apart from one another for use in close proximity mounting of lights and other grip equipment or easy storage.
The Kupo Master C Stand with Turtle Base features a unique innovation in the world of C Stands that enables the still or moving image-maker of any skill level to open and collapse the legs of the base in under two seconds! The Master C Stand is outfitted with a patented spring ring locking system that removes all tension from the legs so that gravity can do the work for you. A turtle base is an industry term where the riser section can be quickly removed from the base for easy transportation and the base can be used with a stand adapter for a low mounting position.
The 40″ Grip Arm with Hex Stud is a 2- 1/2″ grip head mounted on the end of a 40″ piece of steel tubing 5/8″ (16mm) in diameter and finished with a faceted hex stud to keep lighting fixtures in position when they are placed on the end of the arm. The surface of the tubing is painstakingly machined to create a rough texture to ensure a non-slip surface. The 2-1/2″ grip head consists of a pair of rotating aluminum discs attached to a 5/8″ (16 mm) receiver. The discs have four different sized V shaped jaws to accept any accessory with a 5/8″, 1/2″, 3/8″, or 1/4″ mounting stud or tubing. The V shaped jaws have teeth that grab whatever is mounted between the plates securely. The 2-1/2″ grip head features an oversized ergonomic T handle and dedicated roller bearings designed for maximum torque.
- Unique Patented innovative spring ring locking system allowing for easy set-up and take down.
- Base is five times stronger than aluminum
- Easily remove the column and attach to the Kupo Runway Base to create a strong sturdy and safe rolling stand.
- Fitted with captive locking t-knobs on the column.
- Closed Length: 52.7in / 134.0cm
- Color: Silver
- Fixed Stand Adapter: Baby 5/8″ (16mm)
- Footprint Diameter: 37.4in / 95.0cm
- Leveling Leg: false
- Material – Primary: Steel
- Material – Secondary: Aluminum
- Maximum Extension (Height): 116.14in / 295.0cm
- Minimum Extension (Height): 52.8in / 134.0cm
- Maximum Payload Capacity: 22.05lb / 10.0kg
- Product Height: 2.76in / 7.0cm
- Product Length: 52.87in / 134.3cm
- Product Width: 17.32in / 44.0cm
- Product Weight: 21.36lb / 9.71kg
- Riser 1 Diameter: 1.38in / 35.0mm
- Riser 2 Diameter: 1.18in / 30.0mm
- Riser 3 Diameter: 0.98in / 25.0mm
- Sections: 3
- Spring Cushioned: false
- Stand Adapter Type: Welded
- Warranty: Limited Two-Year Warranty
Manufacturer’s P/N KS704811