There is a lot happening here at Beau and around town. Find photo related workshops, exhibitions and other fun events here.
Tethering and Lighting Workshop with Dave Montizambert
June 1 @ 10:30 am - 1:30 pm$10.00
International educator/lighting wizard Dave Montizambert believes photography is a beautiful abstraction of reality and that black and white is even more so. With proper care and attention, B&W is beautiful, artful, but if you intend to create something more than mediocre, there is much more to consider than simply applying a mono-chromatic conversion to a digital image capture. There is an infinite number of ways to create B&W, but Dave believes that one needs to give lighting and processing equal consideration, both are absolutely key to great mono-chromatic images.
In this intense session you will learn how-to:
- Shoot tethered for stronger B&W’s
- Create lighting specifically for your unique B&W process settings
- Use & create the best B&W conversions for stunning B&W
- Create incredible B&W images using only one light
- Light for B&W using multiple light sources
- Build dramatic intensity on faces & figure studies with specular shine
- Light fair skin like fine art “dark-flesh” figure studies
- Sell your B&W portraits of clients to them at higher prices by branding them as “art”
- Prepare your B&W images for best reproduction
Where: Beau Photo’s Flex Room. 1401 West 8th Ave
When: June 1st 10:30AM till 1:30PM
Cost: $10.00. Those attending will also get a gift Certificate for $10.00 off the purchase of all Tether Tools Products.
Bio – Dave Montizambert
Dave Montizambert lectures internationally on lighting, digital photography, and Photoshop. He is also a published author, columnist, beta tester, and creator of training DVDs on Photoshop & photographic lighting for www.PhotoshopCafe.com and www.Software-Cinema.com in Los Angeles. Dave also authors “Dave On Demand” (www.montizambert.com) a photo blog with free & subscription based lighting video tutorials and articles. He has written two books on lighting and digital photography plus is a regular columnist for Professional Image maker in the UK, Studio Mag in Belgium, and has written numerous magazine articles in North America, Europe, Russia and Asia. Aside from education, Dave works as a commercial advertising photographer creating images for McDonalds Foods, Motorola, Toyo Tires, Tri-Star Pictures, Warner Brothers, Chevron, Cuervo Tequila, J&B Scotch, Hong Kong Bank, Tsing Tao Brewery of China, and No Fear Sports Gear, through his business Montizambert Photography Inc.