There is a lot happening here at Beau and around town. Find photo related workshops, exhibitions and other fun events here.
- This event has passed.
PPOC-BC LMB presents Colour Management & Fine Art Printing
March 18 @ 6:00 pm - 9:00 pm
This talk will cover printing with pigment-ink based archival inkjet printers, such as the Canon PRO-1000 and PRO-2000.
Some of the topics discussed will be:
– Longevity differences between dye-based and pigment-based inkjet prints. Quick comparison to other printer technology such as dye-sublimation, laser, traditional RA-4 photo paper (LightJet prints) and so on.
– Discussion of differing paper types, how dye and pigment inks interact with the various coatings, and the resulting differences in image quality and colour-gamut, print durability and overall print longevity.
– Colour-management and ICC profile use with images, displays and output devices.
– Discussion of colour gamut differences between display and output devices, and how that can effect your perception of print colour accuracy.
– Overview of calibrating your camera’s raw files using an X-Rite ColorChecker Passport.
– Overview of display calibration procedures.
– Quick overview of printer calibration techniques.
– Custom printer calibration versus commercially available free ICC profiles: are custom profiles worthwhile?
– How to soft-proof your prints and check for output gamut limitations on your monitor with Photoshop and Lightroom.
– How to ensure you are using the correct printer driver settings for a given ICC profile.
Or visit Eventbrite and search PPOC in Vancouver.