There is a lot happening here at Beau and around town. Find photo related workshops, exhibitions and other fun events here.
- This event has passed.
Learn at Lunch with Beau Photo
January 31 @ 12:00 pm - 12:45 pm$10.00
Join Mike Mander and learn how to use the Canon PRO-1000 and PRO-2000 printers, with a detailed discussion of the following topics…
– Loading sheet and roll paper, with tips on how to deal with curled sheets to avoid head-strikes on the paper.
– ICC profiles: how to download them, where to install them, and how to set up the printer driver to use them.
– Discussion on paper types: print longevity, matte versus glossy, advantages of baryta papers versus ones with optical brighteners and more.
– Borderless printing issues and margin limitations with certain types of fine-art paper.
– Previewing a proof in Adobe Photoshop or Lightroom and using gamut warnings to judge how close a print might match a monitor image.
– Using Photoshop’s print preview to decide between relative colorimetric or perceptual rendering intents for images with difficult gradients, and also judging the quality of ICC profiles.
– Using a test proof image to judge your own system’s monitor calibration.
This talk will benefit you whether you print at home or print at our work station here at Beau.
The talk is just $10, and this fee can be used as a coupon to purchase something in the store on the same day as the seminar.